Spreads, tapenades and sauces can turn a good dish into something extraordinary, and many take only a few minutes to make. This avocado-chévre spread is wonderful on salmon or serve it on crostini with some fresh black pepper.
- 2 medium avocados, scooped out
- 5 oz of soft goat cheese (chévre)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 or 5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
Toss it all in the food processor and blend until smooth. Season with black or white pepper to taste.
Some tips on cooking salmon:
- Look for a filet that is of a consistent thickness throughout.
- Heat your pan to med – med-high with just a touch of olive oil.
- Turn your filet skin-side up and cut 1/2 ” slits in the skin spaced at about 1″ apart so heat can permeate evenly. Rub salt and pepper into the cuts; insert lemon wedges into some of the slits as well.
- Place the filet in the pan skin-side down for exactly 4 minutes. You can read the color of the meat from the edge. When the color has lightened about 3/4 of the way through the filet, flip it. Cook on the second side for 2 minutes. Don’t keep flipping back and forth. Be brave and patient.
Serve your perfect fish with this fantastic avocado-chévre spread and have a delicious and healthy dinner in about 15 minutes. Enjoy!